May 1, 2022
- Mezzanine Patrons have access to a new app icon.
- If you are logging back in on the same device, Mezzanine will remind you which account type you used last time.
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause the app to crash when adding custom cover art from the camera.
April 10, 2022
- Fixed an issue where users listed on the 'Followers' and 'Following' screens could not be selected to view their profiles.
- Tapping the 'Discover' tab exits search.
April 5, 2022
- Search for shows in the 'Discover' tab and tap a result to see reviews.
- Some or all of the photos in your diary entries can now be set to private.
- Photos are included in the Profile screen's 'Activity' tab.
March 29, 2022
- Tap on a show or production in the 'Discover' tab or in one of your lists to view its reviews.
March 25, 2022
- Your diary can now be searched by tag in addition to show name and theater.
- Matching text from search results in the diary is highlighted.
- Photos viewed in Mezzanine can be saved to your device.
- You can now add any show to a list, not just those known to Mezzanine.
- Fixed the confirmation message when deleting a tag. The previous message implied that diary entries would also be deleted.
- Fixed the order of new patrons in the Discover tab.
- Tweaked the 'Add Diary Entry' button (again!).
- Fixed an issue where tapping 'Become a Patron' in Settings could crash the app on iOS 12.
March 4, 2022
- Introducing the Mezzanine Patron program, a way to support Mezzanine and unlock a few bonus features. Patrons have access to a custom version of the Mezzanine app icon, and their profile icons get a special Patron badge throughout the app. Thanks to everyone who asked for a way to support Mezzanine. You can become a Mezzanine Patron by tapping your profile image in the top-left to open the settings - look for the 'Become a Patron' option.
- Share a link to your profile. Send it to a friend and the link will launch Mezzanine and open your profile. If Mezzanine is not installed, the link will redirect to Mezzanine's App Store page.
- Share a link to the app's App Store page directly. This is a great way to tell your friends about Mezzanine.
- The 'Next Show' badge in the diary now includes the amount of time until the show.
- Added a 'Today' section that is pinned to the top of the diary whenever you have a show added for the current date. This makes it easier to find before and after the performance.
- Added labels when adding a diary entry to indicate when the entry and/or review are set to private.
- Plenty of visual tweaks and fixes as usual.
January 25, 2022
- Updated the feed to include separate entries for ratings and reviews. This helps re-surface content when a diary entry is added before the show and then rated or reviewed later.
- Fixed an issue where visitied West End theater stats were not always correct after visiting Trafalgar Theater.
- Fixed an issue where the 'report content' button wasn't included when viewing someone's review.
- Diary entries without a performance time now use the evening time-slot for sorting purposes. This keeps them in the 'Upcoming' section until the end of the day.
- Fixed transparent title bars in the program scanner.
November 8, 2021
- Improved how user's names are displayed in the 'Discover' tab.
- Added the ability to dismiss the keyboard before entering any text when searching for users.
- Fixed an issue where the activity tab could display entries with the wrong height.
- Removed the link to Reddit from the app's settings screen.
November 5, 2021
- You can now search for users and follow them from the 'Discover' tab.
- Lists of followers display each user's number of diary entries.
- Full names are used instead of last initials to help find people and avoid confusion.
- Fixed an issue where tapping on a production when adding or editing a diary entry could remove its highlight color.
- Fixed an issue where 'Follow' buttons could sometimes not respect the device's dark mode setting.
November 1, 2021
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash when opening the feed's 'Filter' menu on iPad.
October 31, 2021
- A new 'Feed' tab featuring diary entries from other Mezzanine users. The feed can show entries from your friends, from featured users, or from all Mezzanine users.
- Additional privacy controls for diary entries to control what is shared to the feed (everything, everything except the review, or nothing).
- An option in Settings to bulk-update the visibility all your existing diary entries.
- An onboarding guide to help you pick how to handle your existing diary entries the first time Mezzanine 2021.6 is launched.
- Public diary entries can be reported for objectionable content.
- Tapping a user's profile image in the feed or in the 'Discover' tab opens their profile.
- You can follow other Mezzanine users to control what is displayed in your feed.
- Each person's profile includes the number of people they are following, and the number of people following them. Tapping either number displays the list of followed or following users, which can be sorted by date or by name.
- A new profile setting lets you select your preferred gender pronouns. This is displayed in your profile and also determines how your feed entries are displayed.
- Entries in the activity tab of your own profile show a privacy icon if only you will be ble to see the entry or its review.
- Your profile shows your user number at the bottom of the stats tab.
- Improved Voiceover support.
- Some small UI bug fixes for users on iOS 15.
July 1, 2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented selection of an image from your photo library for use as program art when using an iPad - thanks Gareth!
- Fixed an issue where the 'Add Rating/Review' button was incorrectly hidden in the diary entry details view.
- Reordered tabs.
May 24, 2021
- The next upcoming show in your diary is now displayed with a special badge.
- Fixed an issue where entries in the 'Activity' tab of your profile could be sorted incorrectly.
April 29, 2021
- The 'Discover' tab now lets you view more of each category.
- Improved voiceover support.
March 7, 2021
- Fixed a bug that could cause Mezzanine to hang when switching the diary to grid view.
March 4, 2021
- A new ‘Discover’ tab for tracking trending shows, recently added productions, new users, and the best shows on Broadway and the West End.
- If you’re not using a profile photo, you can select which background color to use for your user icon.
- Some charts on the profile screen are now animated.
- Various other tweaks and improvements.
October 18, 2020
- Improved support for iOS 14 and the latest devices.
- If you don't set a profile image, you can now select a background color instead (iOS 14 required).
- A few bug fixes here and there.
August 28, 2020
- A new profile tab, with insights into your theater history.
- Bar charts to visualize how you review shows and how your theatergoing habits have changed overtime.
- A new interactive map of all your theater trips.
- Stats about the percentage of Broadway and West End theaters you have visited so far, with additional lists of the theaters you have visited, the shows you saw there, and what’s currently playing at the theaters you haven’t made it to yet.
- A new shows grid provides a quick glance of the artwork for all the shows you’ve seen.
- An activity tab in the profile keeps track of all the recent changes to your diary.
- Tapping program art in the app now opens it full-screen.
- Search performance is greatly improved for large diaries.
- Lots of other small bug fixes and improvements.
July 12, 2020
- Improved how images are displayed when using the 'Smart Invert' accessibility setting.
- Reinstated the program scanner.
July 10, 2020
- Improved voiceover support throughout the app.
- Improved localization for non-US English (“theater”, “favorite”, become “Theatre”, “Favourite”, etc).
- Fixed a bug where the app could crash when adding a diary entry via the program scanner and then immediately editing that diary entry.
- Fixed a bug where the review request prompt closed automatically.
- Unfortunately the program scanner has had to be removed from this version to comply with App Store guidelines. Hoping it will make a return soon.
May 27, 2020
- You can now use custom tags for your diary entries. When adding or editing a diary entry, there is a new ‘Add Tag’ button. You can manage your tags via the settings screen, and can even hide the default system tags if you prefer.
- Updated how confirmation messages are displayed for common actions like adding diary entries and saving changes. The messages are more informative and no longer prevent you using the app while they’re on-screen. Mezzanine feels faster and more responsive as a result.
- Tweaked the UI for adding productions so that it’s clearer that the show’s default cover art will be displayed if there is no custom cover art selected.
- User accounts without a profile image are displayed using a randomly-assigned color instead of gray.
- Discarded name changes prompt a confirmation about unsaved changes.
- Mezzanine might occasionally ask you for a review in the App Store.
April 11, 2020
- You can now add your own artwork for any shows or productions that aren’t in Mezzanine’s database by taking a photo or selecting an image from your library. Mezzanine will help you line up the photo and crop your image before adding it.
- Diary entries for shows you have tickets for but haven’t seen yet are now displayed under their own ‘Upcoming’ section in the diary.
- The diary displays a count of entries in each heading when viewed as a grid.
- When scrolling the diary in grid view, section headings remain at the top of screen the same way they do when scrolling the diary in list view.
- Fixed an issue where the the Sign In with Apple button didn’t display a progress indicator in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue where Sign In with Apple didn’t always work.
- Fixed a bug where the app could crash when editing your profile photo on an iPad.
- A few performance tweaks to speed up the app.
March 4, 2020
- Added a new diary option to view your shows in a grid layout. This is especially useful for larger diaries.
- You can now scroll through your diary entries by swiping horizontally, or tapping the small arrows either side of the program art.
- Search your diary using the name of the show or theater.
- Jump through large diaries using the new index list on the right edge of the screen when sorted by name.
- When adding a production manually, Mezzanine will suggest theaters and cities as you type. Suggestions include popular theaters and any you have previously added.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a diary entry's date would be displayed with the wrong level of detail - e.g. 'January 1, 2020' instead of 'January, 2020'.
- Fixed an issue where searching for a show could briefly display results from the previous search.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through search results could cause the results to disappear and the suggestions to reappear instead.
- Added a shortcut to rate Mezzanine on the App Store directly from the settings.
- Fixed an issue where some diary entries exported to CSV could become corrupted.
January 25, 2020
- First release - main features include the theater diary, show lists, and the program scanner.